Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
David Toback Attorney At Law Tampa Estate Planning Attorney
  • Call Today To Schedule A Consultation

What happens in my will if my children are underage minors?

Video Transcription

Well if you die with minor children and you are leaving property to those children the personal representative of your estate has some flexibility in terms of what to do with your assets in terms of using those assets for the benefit of your children. In that case a guardianship will probably have to be done for your children to have some court control over the assets in that case. That’s why a revocable trust is usually the better way to go when you have minor children because in that case your assets will already be in the trust or they can be left to the trust. The trustee is already there managing the assets for your children without the necessity of a guardianship.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Skip footer and go back to main navigation